This Gluten-Free Tasty Turkey Burger recipe is so versatile. Not only can you add additional herbs and spices to jazz it up it, this recipe can also be used to make turkey meatballs. Instead of flattening the balls into discs you could leave them round. You could then pair them with pasta and a tomato based sauce for a change.
When it comes to gluten-free flour I typically use Bob Red Mills Gluten-Free Flour Blend and I use Mrs Crimbles Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs.
If you are wanting to reduce the fat content you could cook these in the oven or under a preheated grill and this would omit the need for the olive oil.
I love to serve these with a large green salad, avocado, tomato, gluten-free pitta bread and a tomato chutney.
- 250g of turkey mince
- 1 cup of gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free flour blend
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 free-range organic egg
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Combine the turkey mince, onion, egg and garlic in a large bowl. Slowly add the breadcrumbs and gluten free flour until the mixture has bulked out but is still slightly sticky.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of the mixture out, roll it into a ball and then flatten into a burger shape.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a wide frying pan and place the burgers in one by one and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes before turning them. Allow then to cook for another 7-8 minutes turning them occasionally to ensure they are fully cooked.
- Blot them with a towel to remove any excess oil and serve.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
If you are looking for more delicious recipes then check out my 7-Day Kickstart. I know how easy it is to get stuck in a rut, which is why I want to help you become more creative in the kitchen and kickstart a love affair with whole foods. If you're ready to change your fate by changing your plate then join me for my 7-Day Kickstart program.
NOW I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
I would love to know if you make this and what you think. If you have any questions about this recipe, post them in the comments below.
Look forward to hearing from you.
I'm Dr Christy Fergusson Ph.D. I am a Doctor of Psychology, Chartered Psychologist, Nutritional Therapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist and Hay House Author. I have a Ph.D., MSc and BA Hons in Psychology; I'm a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society, a Nutritional Therapist with the British Association of Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy and a Clinical Hypnotherapist with the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
Through a combined integration of my expertise in nutrition, psychology and hypnotherapy I launched my company The Food Psychologist and quickly become the ‘go to’ food psychology expert in the UK. I'm the food psychologist from Channels 4′s Secret Eaters, a former Sun columnist and in-house nutritionist at Women’s Health Magazine. I published my first book 'Hot, Healthy, Happy' with Hay House in 2013.